Case Management is a service offered to help patients in need better navigate their everyday lives.
Case Managers (also known as Social Workers, Qualified Mental Health Specialists, or Community Support Persons) are trained to help connect patients with the appropriate resources in their communities to make sure that their basic living needs are met.
What is Case Management?
Case Management is a comprehensive process of planning, coordinating care, and advocating for a patient to make sure their health needs are met. Through communicating available resources and promoting safety and quality of care, Case Managers can help patients live their best lives.
How to be seen by a Case Manager?
If you need help with mental health or substance abuse, Signature Health will put you on the right path by completing an initial walk-in assessment. During this session, we will discuss your needs and past medical and mental health history. Our intake specialist will also discuss our available services and recommend next steps, including assigning you to a Case Manager if needed.
Case Management Services Offered
At Signature Health, our Case Managers provide a full spectrum of support services to patients including:
- Help finding and securing affordable housing
- Assistance with basic food needs
- Help finding clothing
- Help with life skills such as budgeting or transportation needs
- Assistance applying for benefits such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability (SSD), SNAP (food stamps), etc.
- Support and assistance in applying for jobs
- Help obtaining a medical or dental visit
- Symptom monitoring
- School support for children
- Help with parenting skills
- And more
Need help now?
We offer walk-in case management hours at our Willoughby location, in addition to mental health walk-in clinics at all of our locations (please see location pages for hours and more details).
If this is a life-threatening emergency, please go to your nearest emergency room or dial 911. For non-emergency situations (domestic violence, food/shelter, etc.), dial 211 to speak to a live operator.