We use video to offer telehealth appointments for many services.
You deserve the best clinical care possible. That happens when your care team can visually see you, and you can see them—either in person or using video. Signature Health uses Doxy.me when patients choose to do a visit remotely. It is a secure link and does not require downloading an app.
Using video has several benefits. It allows your provider to monitor you more closely for symptoms and health concerns. It also helps maintain focus during the visit. Our providers rely on both verbal and nonverbal communication to provide high-quality treatment.
If you choose a telehealth visit, here’s what we need from you:
- Find a quiet space for your visit that is free of distractions. It’s not okay to be driving or in a public place.
- If you are at home or at work, ensure privacy by closing the door.
- Your provider will be able to see you on video during the visit.
Please note that with the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency ending in May 2023, we are working with our providers to transition (whenever possible) audio-only phone call visits to visual Doxy.me visits in the coming months.
What to Expect for Your Video Appointment in 4 Easy Steps
Tips for Success
We understand technology can be tricky sometimes. Here are some tips:
Before Tapping the Doxy.me Link
- Use a smartphone, computer or tablet with a camera and a microphone for your visit.
- Have a good internet connection, preferably using secure Wi-Fi. Stay in the same spot.
- Wearing headphones during your visit is recommended to support sound quality.
If You Have Trouble After Tapping the Doxy.me Link
- Use the “Start Test” button in the waiting room
- Go back to the original Doxy.me link and tap it again rather than hitting “refresh”
- Don’t panic if the video feed isn’t perfect right away - it should catch up to the audio
- If issues continue, restart your device