Narcan is a name brand for naloxone - a medication that can treat a narcotic overdose in an emergency situation. We are helping distribute Narcan in the community free of charge, thanks to Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services (Ohio MHAS) granting Signature Health the State Opiod Response (SOR) grant.
Naloxone Kits Can Be Picked Up Tuesdays and Thursdays From 1-3pm at These Locations:
Before picking up a free naloxone / Narcan kit, we ask that you please watch this video created by Project D.A.W.N.
What the Video Includes:
Please view the comprehensive video link which explains:
- Defines naloxone and how it works
- Defines what opiates are
- Defines what an opiate overdose is and how to recognize it
- Instructs steps to take before administering naloxone
- Explains how to administer naloxone
- Instructs what to do after naloxone is administered
- The video was created and produced by Project D.A.W.N. with support from the Ohio Department of Health.