Pharmacy Technician Training Program
Signature Health offers a one-year training program to provide thorough training and hands-on learning to become a Registered Pharmacy Technician. No prior pharmacy experience is necessary.
If you are eager to work and get paid while learning valuable skills to become a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you can do it all through Signature Health!
While following the training program’s instructor-led curriculum, you’ll also gain hands-on pharmacy experience:
- Assisting Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians with the preparation and distribution of medications
- Maintaining drug inventory and patient pharmacy records
- Completing shipment and delivery of pharmacy orders to patients
- Working in a Community Health Center dedicated to supporting vulnerable populations
- Learning about serving patients living with mental health and substance use disorder diagnoses
Trainees complete our program in approximately 12 months and must pass an in-house exam. Then they can register with the State Board of Pharmacy as a Registered Pharmacy Technician and apply for a Pharmacy Technician position at Signature Health.
Signature Health has in-house pharmacies in six locations: Ashtabula, Beachwood, Lakewood, Maple Heights, Painesville and Willoughby.
Knowledge & Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• 3-5+ years of customer experience is preferred
• American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required (provided by Signature Health)
• Computer experience sufficient to perform data entry functions.
Benefits & How to Apply
- Paid position
- Employer shared medical benefits, dental and vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement & professional development
- Generous paid time away from work
Note: A $25 fee is required to register as a Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy at the start of the program. The fee will be reimbursed after the program begins.